Apr 22, 2012

DIY Side Table

I found this side table in my parents basement a few weeks ago and it made me smile.  This table was in our living room for as long as I can remember.  It made me think of my childhood house on Jefton... I miss that house dearly, so I swiped the table!!!


I wanted to give it a facelift, so I took it home and got to work.  I sanded it down, primed it, and painted a couple coats of a pretty sage green/beige.  I really wanted to paint it red and add this beautiful toile wallpaper my mom-in-law gave me, but the top was too curvy to get a precise cut.  So, I used spray adheisive for the burlap and glued twine around the border to finish it off.

I love how it turned out.  Very cottage chic, and the best part is that I can rip off the burlap anytime and try something new!

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment