Sep 20, 2012

Office Reveal

~~Don't forget to sign up for email updates (on the right).  It'll let you know when I have a new post ~~

I know, I'm horrible.  I said James would get the next make over.  But, as many of you know, I am working on a little something new in my life, and need a place to study and get my work done.  So, I decided to invade Ryan's office.  Which means, it needs a make over.  I just can't work in an ugly space.

So here it was.  A few Before shots!  (The kids are playing with Ryan's $300 chess board... giggle)



 I know you love all that beautiful stained plywood, make shift, built in, wainscoting.   Worst. Molding. Ever.  Hummm, I'll just paint it.

And paint it, and paint it.  Took me 3 coats.  But it was worth it....

The AFTER pics...







After I finished the room, I felt bad for invading Ryan's space, and I decided to just give it to him.  I'll move my desk into the basement and hopefully he'll feel sorry for me and finish the basement  sooner than later.  wink!

Anyway, What do you think???  I love how it turned out.  Such a huge difference!  The Gray on the walls is Elephant Skin by Behr.  And the white is CIL Crisp Linen (but colour matched to Behr paint & primer).

Still have to fix the moldings around the window, but I'll do that in a while.  I have to re do the front door as well, so that'll be a project for the winter.  And, I think I'll make some faux roman shades.

Scored the light fixture from Home Sense for just $70 bucks.  That's also where I picked up the lacquered box and the file folder.

I'm planning on mounting the guitars along the wall.  That's a DIY project I'm tackling this week.

Hope you like it!

Linked up on:

shabby creek cottage
Fox Hollow Cottage

7 comments:

  1. The built-ins had great bones and you brought them to life with the paint. Everything looks so fresh and inspiring.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I love how bright the space is now!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a Million now! Love the drastic change. Man, paint is amazing. (oh, and your hard work too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am a huge Fox Hollow fan!!!! Thanks for reading my post!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Sometimes paint is the much better option. I, for one, might not have given up that space :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colour scheme—PERFECT. Good job with the de-clutter process. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete